30.2 C
Port Louis
Sunday, February 25, 2024

Download The App:

Read in French

spot_img

Boy Burned With Contents Of Hot Water Bottle

Must Read

An 8-year-old boy was admitted to the intensive care unit of the Burns’ Unit of the Victoria Hospital in Candos on Tuesday evening, June 28. This after he was accidentally burned at his home in Plaine des Papayes. This child of grade 2 burned his back when a rubber hot water bottle, which was on his grandmother’s bed, burst.

It is at the police station of Plaine des Papayes that the grandmother, aged 60, went on the morning of Wednesday June 29 to report this case of burn. In her statement, she explained that on the evening of Tuesday, June 28, around 9:30 pm, her grandson, who attends the village’s elementary school, had come to sleep beside her in her bed. She had filled a rubber hot water bottle with boiling water and kept it on her bed.

Accidentally, the hot water bottle burst and her grandson was burned on his back. Immediately, the child was taken to the northern hospital. After receiving treatment, he was transferred to the Burns’ Unit at Candos Hospital where he was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit. His condition is considered to be of concern.

- Advertisement -spot_img

More Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles