24.2 C
Port Louis
Friday, April 19, 2024

Download The App:

Read in French

spot_img

Gas Shower Fire.. 19-Year-Old Woman Dies Of Burns

Must Read

Nabiihah Fatimah Anoowar, 19, did not survive the burns she sustained on the evening of Tuesday February 20. The victim was taking a shower at her home in Vallée des Prêtres when the gas water heater caught fire. Severely burned, she was rushed to the City Clinic in Plaine Verte. Given the severity of her burn, she was transferred to Victoria Hospital, Candos, where, after receiving treatment, she was admitted to a ward in the intensive care unit for burn victims. Her prognosis was vital. The teenager died at 3:05 am on Thursday February 29. The autopsy attributed her death to shock due to excessive burns.

On the evening of the same day, a police officer from the Abercrombie police station on St. Croix went to the teenager’s home after being informed of the case by the Police Post of the Victoria Hospital host. The victim’s uncle had explained that his niece had suffered a case of burns. She was taking a bath when the gas water heater caught fire.

After receiving first aid, the victim was rushed to the City Clinic in Plaine Verte. Given the severity of her burns, she was evacuated to Candos hospital. After further treatment, she was placed in a burn ward in the intensive care unit. Already in medical circles, her prognosis was said to be life-threatening.

On the morning of Thursday February 29, Dr. Sudesh Kumar Gungadin, head of the police forensic department, performed an autopsy on the body at the Victoria Hospital morgue. He attributed the death to shock due to excessive burns.

The gas water heater was seized for investigation purposes.

- Advertisement -spot_img

More Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles