26.3 C
Port Louis
Thursday, February 29, 2024

Download The App:

Read in French

spot_img

Young Woman Burned With Boiling Water

Must Read

A 20 year old student from the village of Mare d’Australia was admitted to the Burns’ Unit of the Victoria Hospital, Candos on Thursday morning, January 13. This was after a container of boiling water was accidentally spilled on her. She was initially taken to the Dr. Bruno Cheong Hospital in Flacq where she received first aid before being transferred to the Candos Hospital. Her condition is considered serious.

In a statement made at the police station in Brisée-Verdière around 2:00 pm on Friday, January 13, the victim’s mother, a 47-year-old cook, recounted the circumstances of this tragedy. That Friday in the early hours of the morning, around 4:30 a.m. her daughter explained that she was carrying a container commonly called “dekti” filled with boiling water. At one point she slipped and the contents spilled accidentally on the lower part of her body where she was burned and her right hand.

The young woman was rushed to the hospital in Flacq. After receiving treatment in the emergency department, she was transferred to Victoria Hospital. She was admitted to the Burns’ Unit of this medical institution.

An investigation was opened at the level of the police station of Brisée-Verdière to shed light on the exact circumstances of this accident.

- Advertisement -spot_img

More Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles