23 C
Port Louis
Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Download The App:

Read in French


Young Curepipian Killed In Car Accident

Must Read

A road trip with friends turned tragic in the early hours of Saturday morning, October 28. Lloyd Mitch Pipo Foolchand, 27, lost his life when the car in which he was travelling with two of his friends, both of whom live in Curepipe, rolled over and ended up in a gutter. Mitch Foolchand was killed instantly.

It was around 4.20 a.m. on Saturday October 28 when the accident occurred on the route de La Marie, Vacoas. The car was travelling towards Curepipe at a reasonable speed of 50 kilometers per hour. This was confirmed by surveillance camera images. At a certain point, the vehicle left the road, rolled over and ended up in a gutter.

Police officers from the Vacoas police station were immediately alerted and rushed to the scene. An ambulance from the Service d’Aide Médicale d’Urgence also arrived. The doctor on board was able to pronounce Mitch Foolchand dead.

His body was then taken to the morgue at Victoria Hospital, Candos, for an autopsy. The autopsy, performed by Dr. Sudesh Kumar Gungadin, head of the police forensic department, attributed his death to craniocerebral lesions.

Mitch Foolchand
Mitch Foolchand

The other two occupants of the car were treated in hospital. They told the investigators that it was the victim who was driving the car. However, the police found blood on the rear seats. Forensic technicians examined the vehicle in detail during the day on Saturday, October 28.  The severely damaged car was towed to the Vacoas police station.

An investigation has been launched to shed light on the exact circumstances of this accident.

The 28-year-old driver of a motorcycle working at Plaisance Catering was seriously injured in an accident on the Route Royale de Mare d’Albert near a Central Water Authority reservoir at 00:08 on Saturday October 28.

Police officers from the Plaine Magnien police station were called to the scene. A man was lying on the pavement and a Yamaha motorcycle on the road.

The identity of the motorcyclist was subsequently established. He was transported to the Jawaharlall Nehru hospital in Rose-Belle on board a Samu ambulance. After treatment, he was placed on artificial ventilation in the intensive care unit.

- Advertisement -spot_img

More Articles


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles