26.3 C
Port Louis
Thursday, February 29, 2024

Download The App:

Read in French


Alleged Drug Trafficking: Safari Nightclub Manager Arrested And Admitted To Hospital

Must Read

Marie Louise Dyana Ramasamy, 47, the manager of the Safari nightclub in Grand Baie, was arrested on the afternoon of Thursday 12 October on a charge of drug trafficking. She was arrested by a team from the Anti-Drug and Smuggling Unit (Adsu) in Saint Pierre. This after she was found in possession of a vial containing 200 ml of MDMA, another vial with 20 ml of cannabis oil, twenty-one cannabis seeds, five grams of hashish, nine grams of cannabis leaves and the sum of Rs 154,000 at her home in Mare Longue near Domaine l’Arbre du Voyageur. The market value of the drugs seized is more than Rs 3 million. The suspect’s husband went to the Adsu office accompanied by his lawyers to clear his wife of the drug trafficking charge. He said that his wife, who suffers from cancer, had a medical prescription to support her possession of the drugs.

Based on certain information and after hours of surveillance, the Adsu team, led by sergeants Luckmun and Balooa, arrived at Dyana Ramasamy’s home. They found vials containing MDM and cannabis oil, cannabis seeds, hashish, cannabis leaves and a sum of Rs 154,000. This sum is suspected to have come from the sale of the drug.

Safari Nightclub Manager Arrested

After Dyana Ramasamy’s arrest, her husband, who returned to the country from Reunion Island a few hours later, accompanied by his attorneys, Mr Sanjiv Teeluckdharry and Mr Anoop Goodary, went to the police station.

Goodary went to the Adsu office in Saint Pierre with a medical prescription to justify the possession of the products found in his wife’s possession. She suffers from cancer and uses these products and other derivatives that had been prescribed for her by a doctor on 27 July 2019.

The investigators were not convinced by these explanations and kept Dyana Ramasamy under arrest. The suspect stated that she was not feeling well. She was taken to a clinic in Curepipe. She was admitted and placed under surveillance by Adsu police officers. She will have to appear in court after her release from the clinic.

- Advertisement -spot_img

More Articles


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles