24.7 C
Port Louis
Thursday, December 8, 2022

Download The App:

Read in French

spot_img

Ice Cube Confirms Losing $9 Million Film Deal For Refusing to Get COVID-19 Vaccine

Must Read

Ice Cube has confirmed that the rapper has lost an opportunity to act for $9 million because he refused to get a COVID-19 vaccine.

In the latest episode of the Million Dollaz Worth of Game podcast, Ice Cube admitted that he had to decline an acting chance because he refused to get vaccinated. He said, “I turned down $9 million because I didn’t want to get the jab. Fuck that jab, and fuck y’all for trying to make me get it. I don’t know how Hollywood feel about me right now.”

He further revealed that he did not decline the role. “I didn’t turn [$9 million] down. They wouldn’t give it to me because I wouldn’t get the shot. I didn’t turn it down. They just didn’t give it to me.”

In the podcast, Ice Cube confirmed October 2021 reports which said that he was taken off Sony’s comedy movie “Oh Hell No”. The film’s producers made it mandatory for all cast members to get vaccine shots to participate in the production. 

The film was scheduled for shoot this winter in Hawaii with Kitao Sakurai as its director. However, the movie has been delayed since then.

One of the podcast hosts suggested that Cube should leave Hollywood for streaming. Cube replied, “That’s Hollywood thought. They’re on some shit. But me too, I’m on some shit too.”

When asked if he would leave Hollywood and might make an independent production? He said, “I’m working on it. I’m hustling,” Cube said. “Got a lot of things up my sleeve.”

Ice Cube talked in October about his struggles to get a fourth film produced in the ‘Friday’ comedy franchise. “I’m trying to get it out of Warner Bros.,” he said at the time. 

- Advertisement -spot_img

More Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles